Sunday, June 17, 2007

More Flood Fun!0

Well, the insurance check is supposed to be "in the mail" and should show up sometime his week. Hopefully soon! We've ordered a few things that we need to get started and unfortunately I had to float some of it on a credit card. That will be the FIRST thing paid back once the check shows up. We had to order the chemical online to dry out and kill the bacteria. Since it was a time issue, I figured it was a justified charge even though I hated to do it. We need to get it sprayed on everything as soon as we can before more damage is caused.

We went to Lowe's last night and started picking out a few things. I am kind of excited about the fact that we'll be able to do some updating that I wanted to do anyway. I just wasn't planning on it being quite so soon. But, doing the labor ourselves will allow us to stretch the insurance dollars farther and we can do more things to the house. So that's good! We're going to start in the bathroom which at the moment has hideous tile so I'm stoked about that! Bye bye pink 70's wall tile!!

So far I haven't detoured too far off the debt-free path and I'll be back on the straight and narrow again once the check shows up. I did start my new part time job yesterda. I worked about 12 hours this weekend. And at $12 an hour...that should help a little!

No comments: