Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Welcome!

So, I'm jumping on this whole blogging bandwagon. I figure it will help hold me accountable to the goal I have in mind of becoming debt free by my 30th birthday. It's a pretty big undertaking in a short amount of time but I know it's doable!

Here's the scoop: I recently stumbled onto the Dave Ramsey Show on the radio and his website. www.daveramsey.com He has a very no-nonsense approach that consists of (gasp!) hard work and sacrifice to dig yourself out of the hole. So, I'm cutting out all the nonsense spending I do, I've taken on a second job and I'm ready to gain "Financial Peace" as Dave calls it.

Most of all, I'm doing this so that I can be in a position to save for my daughter's college and our future. The money that I send to my credit cards each month will go a long way toward funding our future once I can invest it rather than paying interest for something stupid I bought on a whim 6 months ago and now can't even find!

I have just under $6000 in debt and just under 6 months until my 30th birthday. It's a huge challenge based on my income but I can do it. Wanna watch?

1 comment:

Caleb Elston said...

Congrats on taking action! I will be following your journey and cheering you on for sure! Each dollar counts. Choosing not to buy something is empowering when you are working toward a goal.

You can do it!